Renowned for its traditional and lively feel, Morzine offers a wide range of shops, bars and restaurants.
Morzine is under a 5 minute drive from Chalet du Chêne the centre and is a 20 minute walk along the road or through the Parc Dereches following the river, this a very pretty walk into the town which takes a little longer...
Here's our restaurant recommendations:
- La Chamade opposite the tourist off ice, a large restaurant with an open kitchen, and a great underground cheese bar, interesting décor and dishes on the extensive menu
- L'Etale in the heart of the town, this large busy restaurant has a heated patio area, live bands some nights, a great atmosphere and a large menu and good value
- La Rotonde similar to L'Etale, with a terrace near the Pleney lift.
- La Chaudanne A beautiful restaurant with great underground stone-domed wine bar and a delicious a la carte menu
- Le Coup de Coeur wine bar in the centre – a great aprés ski venue for people who loves their wines, heated terrace overlooking central square with lovely sheepskins to keep you warm... small snack menu of pizzas and platters if one bottle leads to another and you don’t want to move!
Other facilities in Morzine includes a fantastic indoor swimming pool complex offering a main pool 25 x 15m, a smaller pool, a paddling pool, a spa area with 3 saunas and 2 hammans, only a 25 minute walk through the Parc Dereches itself to get there from the chalet – it’s situated next door to the indoor ice rink with lift access from the centre of town.
Horse drawn carts, night sledging and the weekly torchlit descents by the ESF are just some other attractions on offer.
Morzine is linked with Les Gets and these two ski domains are easily accessed from our chalet offering a more cost effective pass and 250KM of pistes, ideal for beginners or groups with a mix of abilities. Morzine / Les Gets forms part of the Portes du Soleil circuit.